Listener-supported 99.5 All Classical is Boston's only 24-hour classical music station.
Presenting music in a friendly, informative manner, we invite listeners to enjoy the pleasure, inspiration, and exhilaration that classical music has to offer. The backbone of our programs is the acknowledged favorites of the genre, beyond which we invite listeners to explore many other areas of the classical landscape.
We aim to connect listeners to the classical music life of the region through performances from our studios, concert recordings, and locally focused programs.
99.5 All Classical highlights
• 1948: Signs on the air in 1948 on 102.5FM; takes its call letters from founder Charles River Broadcasting, starting 60 years of classical programming. Landmark moments:
• First live concert of the Boston Pops Orchestra from the Esplanade
• Twice ranked as highest-rated major-market classical station in the country
• 2006: WCRB changes frequency to 99.5FM
• 2009: WCRB 99.5 becomes noncommercial and listener-supported 99.5 All Classical.